Dan Tearpock, Ethics/Professionalism, October 26, Dhahran Geological Society, Saudi Arabia
October 26, 2010, Ethics/Professionalism to the Dhahran Geological Society, Saudi Arabia, Dan Tearpock, DPA President, where approximately 120 people attended.
Bob Shoup, Ethics Lecture, October, Kazakhstan
Bob Shoup, past DPA President and current Asia Pacific DPA Councilor, is getting the DPA message of “Ethics and “Professionalism” out in his region. Bob has developed a great talk called “Black Belt Ethics”. In October he gave the talk to a group of young professional members of SPE in Kazakhstan. He also gave the same talk in December in Bangkok, Thailand to a combined group including SEAPEX, Thailand SEG and the SPE Young Professionals. Thank you Bob for spreading the word about the DPA in the Asia Pacific Region.
November Mid-Year Meeting, Houston, Texas
DPA November Mid-Year meeting in Houston. Dan Tearpock, President, giving opening remarks for this mid-year, day-long meeting.
Paul Pausé, Secretary, reviewing minutes from the last meeting.
Councilors, officers, committee chairs working to define where the DPA is with regard to 2010-11 goals and what needs to be done during the remainder of this fiscal year.
Ethics Talks – Two luncheon talks on ethics equal 1 PDH credit for ethics.
These talks provide to all geoscientists, not just DPA members, an opportunity to reflect on an important part of our everyday career “Ethics and Professionalism”.
January 26, 2011, Houston Geological Society, Houston
February 20, 2011, Mississippi Geological Society, Jackson
Town Hall Meeting
Wednesday February 9, 2011, Shreveport, LA
DPA President Dan Tearpock will discuss the role of DPA and the benefits to becoming a Certified member of the Division of Professional Affairs.
2011 AAPG ACE
April 10-13, 2011, Houston, TX
DPA program for Houston
- DPA/SIPES Short Course – How to be an Independent: Sunday
- DPA Co-Sponsor – Discovery Thinking Session :Monday
- DPA Luncheon: Tuesday – Karen Alderman Harbart, President and CEO of U.S. Chamber Institute for 21st Century Energy. “America’s Energy Realities and Opportunities” With energy constantly in the headlines, Karen Harbert, President and CEO, Institute for 21st Century Energy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, will be discussing the realities of America’s energy challenges and the solutions that will make our nation more secure and prosperous.
- Joint DPA/Prowess Forum – Diversity, Professionalism and Ethics: Tuesday
- DPA Short Course: Petroleum Reserves and Resources: An Overview of Recommended Geological Practices, by Dan Tearpock – DPA President
2011 Pacific Section Meeting
May 9-11, Anchorage, AK
DPA program for Anchorage is:
- DPA Luncheon, Tuesday, May 10, Dr. Mark Myers, Director Alaska Division of Oil and Gas “The North Slope of Alaska 43 years after Prudhoe Bay State No. 1– Opportunities and Challenges” It has been nearly a half century since the discovery of the largest oil field in North America. This talk will look forward at some of the remaining exploration and development opportunities available on the North Slope of Alaska including natural gas and a natural gas pipeline, unconventional onshore and conventional offshore oil and gas; along with the challenges to successful and sustainable development.
- DPA sponsored Short Course, Sunday, May 8, John Etherington, PRMS course
- Distinguished Ethics Lecture, Dr. Rusty Riese – Watch for details on the date for this lecture.
2011 Southwest Section Meeting
June 5-7, Ruidoso, NM
Watch the events calendar for DPA events
2011 Rocky Mountain Section Meeting
June 25-29, Cheyenne, WY
- DPA Luncheon, Tuesday, June 28, 2011 – Speaker (TBD)
- DPA Short Course – Petroleum Resources and Reserves: An Overview of Geological Recommended Practices
2011 AAPG ICE
23-26 October, Milan Italy
October 25, 2011, DPA Events
- Luncheon - Lunch Speaker: Dr. Tony Hayward, Provisional Title of talk “The Energy Challenge- Threats and Opportunities”
- Afternoon Session
- Dr. Lindsay Parsonn – National Oceanography Centre “Who owns the Arctic"
- Prof Martin Sinha – National Oceanography Centre ”Integration of Geophysical Data”
- Dr Drew Mayerson – BOEMRE Pacific Section “Offshore Hydrocarbon resources of the west coast of the United States”
- Dr. David MacDonald – BP, ”The UNFC” ( United Nations Framework Classification for hydrocarbon & mineral resources)