(log in required)
When making application as a Petroleum Geologist under reciprocity agreements with the Society of Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES), American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG) or The Geological Society of London (GSL) you must be a member in good standing and meet the qualifications outlined in the online process.
For SIPES and GSL Members wishing to join the DPA
- Apply Online Now NEW
- Here are the steps:
- Log in with AAPG member number and password.
- Click “New Applications” in the gold bar at the top.
- Select from:
- “Certified Petroleum Geologist Application (Reciprocal - for SIPES and GSL Members)”
- “Certified Petroleum Geophysicist Application (Reciprocal - for SIPES and GSL Members)”
- “Certified Coal Geologist Application (Reciprocal - for SIPES and GSL Members)”
- Upon submittal you will be asked for a credit card (Dues are $50.00 US)
For DPA Members wishing to join GSL as a “Chartered” member Download Forms
GSL application fee of £50 should be sent with the application form. Payment can be made by cheque, made payable to The Geological Society, or by credit card using the form provided with the application.
For AIPG Members
Basic Stipulation: A Certified Professional Geological Scientist in good standing with the AIPG may request certification in the Division of Professional Affairs (DPA). Reciprocal certification will be granted if the applicant meets all requirements as set out in the Bylaws of the DPA.
- $80.00; $30.00 non refundable application fee plus $50.00 annual certification dues. This must be paid before the application can be processed. Download Payment Form
- If a member completed the AIPG application with the required sponsor recommendations, then it is not necessary they complete section #5 (sponsors) of the AAPG/DPA application. The reciprocity agreement allows that if at least three of the five AIPG sponsors are current AAPG active members then it is not necessary to secure sponsors.
- Note on face of application form “Reciprocal via AIPG # __________.”
AAPG will confirm your status in the appropriate organization. If there are other specific requirements called for by the Board of Certification, these must be satisfied before approval of the application.